Monday, May 28, 2012

Unassisted Childbirth

I LOVE reading stories like this: http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/05/28/accidental-unassisted-vbac-after-an-inverted-t-incision/


It makes me laugh that she was "planning" an unassisted birth all along, because I am secretly hoping that's what happens for us too. Maybe I should start stockpiling "just in case" items too. ;) But seriously, I'm doing the same thing she did: planning my all natural hospital birth, while all the while visioning giving birth at home. Relaxing in bed and/or in the shower, doing yoga in the living room to help myself relax, giving birth in my own bed, with michael and my mom there to support, other family in the living room anxiously waiting to see the little guy.

Contrasted with:

Laboring at home/my parents for the majority of labor. I don't want to go to the hospital too early, but honestly i'm a little worried about how comfortable it will be to get in the car and sit like that while in transition. I will probably do most of the labor at my parents house, since they have a hot tub, and its closer to the hospital than my house. Ideally i'd like to get to the hospital and start pushing. Of course, first i'll have to make sure the nurses know my birth plan. No iv's, don't even offer me the epidural, baby goes right on my chest, no shots, at least an hour before they ask to take him for weights and footprints. Only michael, my mom and/or my doula in the room. Others not allowed to come in the room until after i'm transferred to the PP unit. Cold, clinical, sterile. I work in hospitals. I don't want to have my baby there.....

Anyways.....

This little boy seems to like using my bladder as a trampoline. And I can only feel him when I'm sitting down, or lying flat (which I know you're not supposed to do...but it happens sometimes!)

I'll probably have my glucose screening this Friday. I'm a little worried about it, since I know i've been using my baby as an excuse to give in to my sweet tooth. We'll see though. I'll find out soon!!

Well, that's enough of my ramblings for now. Be back on later!

No comments:

Post a Comment